Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Deep Winter Blues....

Hello,

This is that turning point in the winter months when the darkness seems to stay too long and the funks hang around too much. Today, was the first time I actually felt the sun on my face; just enjoying the feeling of having the heat touch my skin.  I closed my eyes and faced the sun and it felt brand new.

I have bags.
I have baggage.
I often go through my bags.
They are full of items from my past.
 I touch those items to feel the memory of that time or place.

I'm very much ready for winter to be over. I"m just over it. The cold is too much for me. I'm tired of my joints hurting, my back hurting, feeling like the heat is being sucked from my body.

I watched a very interesting movie last night called the Gates of Hell. It won an Oscar for best foreign film back in the 50's. If you get chance, you should watch it.

xoxo,
~K

No comments: